Sunday, July 27, 2008

Family BBQ 2008

Thanks to cousin May, we've got our very first gas BBQ in the house. And today, we had our very first family BBQ in Canada. Certainly something to write about.

Parents, Sister and family, Charleston, and us. I thought I would show my culinary side of me, but due to work and other excuses, we bought marinated meat from a local BBQ shop instead.

Pork chops, chicken wings, veal ribs, salmon, fish balls, beef sirloins, corns, zucchinis, and yams were on the menu. Charleston was really the chef, I the sous chef this time.

I'm delighted to have the family all gathered today to have some joy and fun together. Sister's two young sons were quite energetic today. Brandon, usually moody or aloof when sleepy, was extraordinarily playful and interested today. Matthew, the younger one, follows his brother however he acts and where ever he goes. It's good to see the two getting along. Though the elder sometimes can be a bit of a bully.

Wife bought a bubble gun for the young ones, to keep them occupied and engaged. It was a marvelous idea and it played out very well indeed. Brandon loved it so much, he asked if he could borrow it for a day. He was still not too keen on eating grown up foods, but in time, I, as his Uncle, will do whatever I can to see that he will grow to be a healthy and responsible person.

Mom and dad was enjoying the food and the company of his children and grandchildren. No pictures were taken, we're not the photogenic sorts I suppose. Anyway, food was pretty good. Parents liked the purple yams, corns, and chicken wings and pork chops were nicely prepared.

The first BBQ certainly ended with everyone filled and happy. Next week will be a long weekend and we plan to have the 2nd BBQ on the Sunday.

No comments: