Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Endless Meetings

There's been numerous meetings since the change was effective.  So far, it's been a great experience.  I don't mind the endless scheduled and ad-hoc meetings.  On the contrary,  I think they are very critical at this early stage of the change.

I can see that there are still a lot of problems to be solved, but nothing can be done overnight.  It takes time for people at all levels to adapt to the new environment.  It takes time for them to accept or adopt new ideas.  It takes time for them to acquire new knowledge.  It takes time for them to get to know the new faces.  It takes time for them to find order in the chaos.  There's been no surprises, these have all been expected.

I can see people react to or act upon it differently.  I tend to observe these things and try to stay away from the chaos and find some order out of it.  It takes a little sanity, a little creativity, and some guts to get ideas across and get things done the proper way.

I've not expected the things that I have learned so far from this change.  On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the highest job satisfaction, I think I will give my job an 8 today.  It's getting there, again many things to fix.. but I can feel the passion from the team and I believe we'll be able to make it, and change for the better.  We just need a lot more meetings...

No comments: