Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Broke

Wife and I took a week off this week. It's spring break in Canada, so it means day off for her... and I try to do the same so we could go some where together. This is the first coordinated holiday we had this year.

Our default vacation getaway is Seattle, unless otherwise stated. Seattle is only 2.5 hours drive away, but the moment we got our cars on the road, it's vacation time. Though we've been there quite often these days, there's always some new things to do there. This time our favorite Biu Mui took us to Ivars for clam chowders, Pike's market, 1st Starbucks, Supermall, and The Cheese Cake Factory.

It was always good to see Aunt, Uncle, and young J. I can tell young J was excited to see us too. He laughed so much this time too. Somehow MJ and Seattle cannot be separated. A game or two are unavoidable, well I like it... but I lost big this time.

At last, I cooked the first time in Seattle. It's one of my favorites--ginger and green onion crab. It wasn't easy to cook for others for the first time, and I think it went ok - not my best for sure, perhaps my worst. Anyway, it was acceptable, and it looked pretty good on camera.

But I must say BM's Souffle was the best I've ever tasted--this was my second. I'm not exaggerating. Thanks BM.

For some reason, there's always good bargains in the States. Shoes and shirts are the usually items in my shopping bags. Gotta do a better job in my budget this year... can't afford to be broke for life.

1 comment:

jenn said...

thanks for the compliment about my souffle! i will definitely make it again. :)