Sunday, May 18, 2008

First golf game in 2008

Mike and I have been talking about playing golf together some day, and finally we played for the first time today. Mike's friend Doug and TT's cousin Charleston joined us for a foursome. Since Charleston and I are not experienced golfers, we played Mylora today. It's a par 57 executive course.

Tee time was 830am. The weather was really nice; very sunny and dry. A perfect day for a day out. First hole was usually a little more stressful as people are watching. As expected, I drove the ball a little to the right, missing the fairway by 20 yards. Fore!!

Other than that, my tee offs were pretty straight, and consistent, hitting the ball high and far. Short games were played modestly better than last year, but still have a lot of room for improvement. I guess the course is not tricky at all, there were bunkers and waters, but they were not hard to miss. I wish I could reduce 1 stroke for short games per hole.

Putting was not my best part of the game, largely because I haven't been practicing that at all. Mike told me that I should spend more time practicing putting than hitting the balls. I should do that from now on. But I guess I putt okay today.

Overall it was a pretty fast game, we finished 18-hole in 3 hours. Well, considering the length and the number of balls left, it was not that bad. In fact, this is definitely the best game I've had so far this year... 8)

No comments: