Friday, May 30, 2008

Jury Duty I

I received a call for duty from the Sheriff Services couple weeks ago. Heard from friends of their experience, but this is the first time for me. Hope it's not the last time.

It's an honor for me to serve the jury. I believe in justice and as a citizen and tax payer, it's my duty to help maintain a just environment in the society. Having seen a lot of criminal trials on TV and movies, it's gonna be very interesting at last to see how it all works first person - not from the criminal stand of course, but as a juror.

As much as I would like to participate, there are a couple of reasons why I applied for exemption. One is work related, one is kind of personal. Anyway, I don't want to be away during a critical phase of the project. I have no choice but to decline the duty this time.

Hope I won't be blacklisted for subsequent summons, I would actually do it everyday when I am retired.

No comments: