Sunday, April 6, 2008

King Crab Dinner

I had a wonderful king crab dinner last night with wife and friends. It's the first this year, third in my life.

It was the same restaurant we went when we had king crab with wife's aunt and uncle last year. Empire Seafood in Richmond is the place. Instead of ordering the crab by itself, we picked the dinner set for 6, which has 2 courses of the gianormous creature, 2 courses of peking duck, saute mixed mushrooms, savory chicken, noodle sauted in crab broth, soup, and red bean soup for desert.

As a first time blogger, I forgot to capture these wonder dishes in photos. But believe me they were lovely. The first king crab course was steamed crab legs in chopped garlic and oil. One can really tastes the sweetness of the meat. Second course was my favorite. Deep fried king crab with ground pepper and salt. Golden outside, white inside. The flesh are more chunky and firm than the steamed dish.

Yum yum. I look forward to having another one again soon.

No comments: