Saturday, April 5, 2008

Teamwork

Yesterday was the deadline for setting goals for this year. I spent some time preparing these for my staff the night before. One of the things that I put in this year was the focus on team work.

Team work is critical to achieve team success. I laid down the set of guiding principles in such areas as team integrity and credibility, knowledge sharing, respect for others, openness to criticism, conflict management, and team bonding.

Sometimes it's easier said than done, but I believe these rules would reinforce the team to all work toward a common goal individually and collectively. Now that by itself is team work already.

All I hope is the team won't take these for granted but really spend time to think about why I put them in their goals in the first place.

No comments: