Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lunch with Mike and Cora

The three of us have 'regular' lunch together every now and then. We went to a Vietnamese place near work today.

I was kind of hungry, didn't order the usual beef noodle soup, but a pork chop rice dish.

Gossiping has always been the main theme in these lunches. And today, we talked about the downsizing of our business unit... and a potential organizational change in my team. Mike was a good friend of the top guy in that business unit, and he made sure I was taken good care of by saying a few good words for me. I'm indeed grateful.

Frankly, I am not too worried about the possible shake up of the management... change is inevitable in this dynamic economy. That's life. I think I am well equipped and have the connections and capabilities to only go up then down at this point.

I'm quite exited to see these changes coming... I think any change will only be a good thing for me. It's the survival of the fittest. And I will survive.

Lunch was good, pork chop was well charred. Great flavor, just the way I expected and liked.

No comments: